Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fresh Flowers

How powerful are fresh flowers... they have the ability to completely change the mood of a room. They bring brightness and cheer to dull places, they are able to change our mood, bringing peace and comfort.

They are Fresh Flowers
Created to bring delight to us
Two of my wonderful friends recently celebrated their birthdays and I had decided to get some fresh flowers. Thinking of what my parents had around their yard, there wasn't much... So I decided to be creative and mix some different things together. I was so pleased with the results and so were the Birthday girls...
 consists of: hydrangeas, lambs ear, wormwood and ivy


consists of: white roses, pale blue flower and silver bush
(unsure of names)
 

Back in Newcastle, I was visiting a friend and found these old hydrangeas, so picked a couple for my desk, even though they are old, they are still beautiful and have the same power...

Pick some fresh flowers

4 comments:

  1. Nice posies! I think the pale blue flower is plumbago. I'm wishing I had a garden as I love fresh cut flowers in the house but can't justify buying them! Not with hungry little mouths always wanting food food food. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Fiona, I just googled Plumbago and yes that is them, how lovely, i've never heard of it before, that's great!
    One day you will have a lovely garden... Get Liam onto gardening with pots when he's a little older...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lambs ear... who wants a pet when you can pat a soft lambs ear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww but how cute are lambs, you would know you've had more pet lambs than me!!! esp when they follow you... awww

    ReplyDelete