Monday, March 21, 2011

Quick Food After a Long Day

So after a long, productive and most enjoyable day the last thing I felt like was cooking dinner (as much as I love cooking), I just felt like something quick and simple.... And of course not compromising my health
I decided to whip together a little oven baked egg treat.

M e t h o d :
In a small ramekin dish crack a few eggs, pour in some milk, stick in some greens (left over salad leaves) and crack another egg on top, or grate some cheese (I left the cheese off this time)
Stick in oven till cooked and browned on top
Remove from oven and let it sit slightly (allowing edge to come away from dish)
Run knife around edge and tip onto plate

Buon Appetito 
(good appetite or enjoy your meal)

Here's Mine...

Nice with a sprig of fresh oregano

I am also practicing food photography for a book I am hoping to produce for a Uni assignment
What works? What doesn't?

You're comments are most welcome...

3 comments:

  1. When I read the first sentence I thought "I bet it's eggs." It looks good. I like the pics you've been taking. For the egg it might be nice to also have a smaller but close up pic or from a dif angle. The above pic is good but seems to be about presentation which is also important. I spose it depends on the target audience and purpose of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm yeah, a close up would have also been good!! Thanks so much for your comments, very valid!!
    Certainly gives me something to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum . . . I love baked eggs. I agree, I like closeups of food too, in a macro kind of lense setting ... you know, a small amount in focus then the rest slightly out of focus. But if you are compiling a book, it wouldn't be good to photograph it all the same way. I even like photos that show a little nibble! xxx

    ReplyDelete