Sunday, February 6, 2011

Swimming in the Ocean

So this week I had decided that I was going to start to do more swimming.
This new theory was probably encouraged by the massively hot week that we had. I couldn't stand the thought of getting sunburnt and so swimming in the middle of the day was out. But because it is still hot at like 8.30-9pm I decided that this should be my new swimming time, I can then go to bed after a nice cool down.
When at my parents house the only way to cool off in water would be to tot off down to the creek, not nearly as nice as the ocean... you avoid mud, leeches, algae, sharp rocks.... etc its just not that great, but water is water...
I have thoroughly enjoyed hopping into my cozzies and  slipping into the cool lap pool down at the ocean baths of an evening.
I love the feel of using your muscles in water, its amazing and so relaxing. As I swim backstroke or float in the salt water I can look up at God's wonderful creation the stars... and dream... there are so so so so many
How good does the salt water feel, I feel like it is cleansing my skin from head to toe, so rejuvenating
Most nights this week I have found myself down at the ocean baths cooling down right to the core! Such a wonderful feeling and so refreshing!
http://sallydexter.com/home/tag/newcastle-ocean-baths/






http://www.visitnewcastle.com.au/accom_result1.asp?Code=22109
http://www.redbubble.com/people/florentinepogen/art/1667603-2-newcastle-ocean-baths

1 comment:

  1. The way you describe the water, the cool down along with those photos makes me wish I could head out there too! Hard with little ones. :( We are very blessed when we can stop, be still and appreciate God's many gifts for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete