Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Everything

When I grew up my mother would cook absolutely everything! Oven baked bread and buns, slices, cakes, dinner, dessert, all in a fuel stove!
These days sadly it is cheaper, quicker and easier to just duck down to the shops and grab a loaf of bread, a bought cake etc. But I feel something is lost... The Love in Cooking!!
There is something so special and delicious about fresh banana bread straight out of the oven cooked by my little sister! Or a fresh loaf of bread with crispy edges that the butter melts into.
So I have decided to try my hand at perfecting pasta making!
Pasta made with LOVE
Here is the recipe I tried...
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fresh-semolina-and-egg-pasta/Detail.aspx

I was so happy with the results as you can see from the pics below.

 

I hope you feel inspired to have a go at making your own pasta, it really isn't as hard as it seems and the results are amazing!! Maybe even for a special occasion...

4 comments:

  1. Totally jealous, Ms Rita, of your wholesome country upbringing - let me guess, you drank milk straight from the milking bucket?!

    Your pasta looks perfect and yummy - creamy tomato sauce is super delicious! I'd love to see you blog some of those happy memory dishes of your mum's(and if you feel like sharing the recipe . . . !) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona, when we were super little yes, we did have a milking cow...
    I will certainly blog some of my Mum's cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a traditional girl at heart and make most of what I cook from scratch...I find with a big family it is more economical. I have not however made pasta yet. You have inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely!! Yes do give it a try, its great fun and doesn't take that long. I made it for my family the other day and they were all keen to help and try it out... Let me know how it goes

    ReplyDelete