Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Evening in the Country

This week, I am able to spend a few days visiting my Mum and Dad back on the farm. One thing I absolutely love to do after a hard days work or just a busy day is to play a spot of badminton!
Summer is the most beautiful time for this and especially this season as we have had much rain making the lawn so luscious, thick and green. It's so wonderful to take your hot boots off and feel the soft grass under your feet with a slight breeze blowing through the yard.
My sister Sophie and I love to spend our summer evenings like this, so relaxing and rewarding after a long day. Last night we played three games, She won one and it was my lucky day winning two.
As the sun sets in the country it makes the most beautiful colours, reds, pinks, oranges, yellows, so amazing! I love being on the side that gets the sunset background...
Sophie made a permanent net out of chicken wire with bailing twine twisted round the top and bottom to hold it firm tying it to two poles in the ground.
Scoring and Rules of Badminton






Little Gertie Lu wanted to play too

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I believe there were taken by my cousin Miss Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete