Monday, May 9, 2011

Delightful

I am an absolute lover of Turkish delight!!! And so for Easter this year I decided instead of making chocolates I would attempt to make some Turkish delight. This is one thing I have always wanted to make. I fished a recipe out of a cute little old book my Mother had, looked through my cupboard to discover I had all the needed ingredients and set about to make this delightful sweet!

My first attempt was ok, but the second was much more delightful!! I was really pleased with the results, as were my family...
But I am still keen to make some more for myself as I have discovered that it goes most wonderful with some of the berry teas that I enjoy!

Here are some wonderful little pics





It is my friend's birthday and they are a favorite, so I will be making some more...

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love turkish delight too...a firm favourite. Please share your recipe :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, yum yum! Home made turkish delight is sooo delish! I have not made it myself either. You could try adding blanched almonds or pistachios because I have tried it that way and thought WOW! Yeah yeah, post the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Fi, Nuts would be a lovely addition, must try...
    The recipe is now posted, enjoy your cooking!! and please share your experience, I would love to hear
    xx

    ReplyDelete