Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lemon Myrtle

So I will admit Uni has totally encapsulated me at the moment and i've hardly had a moment spare for anything else.... including my blog...
And as a result I have also turned to tea drinking not that I didn't already, but I mean really, like 14 Cups / Day!!!
I have found a new love for green teas as they are lovely and light with a beautiful flavour.
This week my favorites have been China Lychee, Country Berry, Berry Fruit and Japanese Cherry...  from The Tea Centre

AND...

Today I discovered Lemon Myrtle Tea (or infusion) truly amazing


All you need is some fresh leaves and hot water, that's it!


You just scrunch the leaves and place in the pot or in your cup, pour boiling water over, sit slightly and my favorite part, d r i n k

Look around for a Lemon Myrtle Tree (Australian Native) pick a few leaves and change your tea experience!!!!


5 comments:

  1. A friend in NZ always brewed her own herbal teas and they were truely wonderful. I used to drink copious amounts of green tea but haven't for a while.
    There is nothing like a hot cuppa to relax and unwind with.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, i'm glad that you enjoyed it will give you more bush food recipes soon.
    Laurent

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a simple and easy way to make a unique cuppa. I'm still surprised they haven't started selling Eucalypt tea or something like this. Good on you for jumping in first. I'd be keen to try it sometime but the only lemon myrtle I know of around here would be in the botanical gardens. There are lots of natives that smell like lemon such as the lemon scented gum (smells sooo good) and the lemon scented tea tree (what an ideal name for making tea). Maybe you could experiment to discover the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammi, that sounds wonderful! I am really enjoying fresh green tea, so much lighter and refreshing! Hope you get back into it...

    Thank you so much Laurent for all your inspiration and assistance, see you this week!

    Sarah, will seriously look into the eucalyptus tea... i'm intrigued again!
    as I will be seeing you over easter we will definitely have to enjoy a cup of lemon myrtle tea together! The other plants also sound interesting! Did you look at anything like that in your degree??

    ReplyDelete
  5. At uni we rarely focused on a particular species and when we did it was a common species in an area of interest. So, I didn't look at any lemon eucs and we certainly didn't investigate their use outside its native environment such as in a cup of tea :D In some subject that would have been more interesting.

    ReplyDelete